Patch 7.0.3 - The Busy Reality

Patch dropped in the early hours of Wednesday but I was unable to login till I got home. When I logged in, it was overwhelming all the things that needed to be done!

Firstly, the wardrobe.

Everyone was spamming guild when they logged in with the Fashionista achievements and it seemed pretty easy to get all of the achievements for each item slot. I'm surprised they didn't make it 300 items for each slot, rather than 100. Shirts seemed to be what people lacked the most, but they are easy enough to buy from the guild vendor. Now we are all Fabulous!

Secondly, the bag cleanup.

Now that all our transmoggable items were in wardrobe, everyone was cleaning up their banks and void storage. The amount of space left was astonishing. And it was very welcome! Everyone crowed about their newly found 100+ slots of storage, and I was thrilled to be able to empty my void storage and bank of all the weapons, cloaks, shirts and cosmetic items (I had forgotten these would go into wardrobe). That alone took me more than an hour.

There was also a whole bunch of things that became toys. I had a panic attack because I couldn't find some of the things that had become toys (such as my Chef's hat) but they had magically appeared in my mailbox because they had been upgraded. Phew! I was more distressed about the things I had thrown away that had suddenly become toys (like Breath of Talador, Ever-blooming Frond, Tasty Talador Lunch) and thought I had better go back and do those things on Minndy some day.

Thirdly, all our action bars are empty!

Xyn and HK were talking about their empty action bars. I didn't have empty action bars, but I DID have some spells missing. The others were spending time redoing their bars (though to me I can't imagine how long that would take, surely that would be quick?).

Fourthly, there were a few people that were looking for invites to the guild. Friends of people, and so I was having disjointed conversations with various people whilst in the midst of trying to clean my bags, look at people's transmogs that they had made and update my healbot spells. That took up a good 20 minutes!

Lots of people asking if we were raiding. And we have learned by now, that we will not raid after a patch because inevitably there will be bugs and restarts smack bang in the middle of raid. And we were right. there was a restart scheduled fro 10pm. So it was lucky we weren't raiding. Nobody would be ready anyway, with all the chaos with abilities changing, gear switches, empty bars and new talent trees. But, we decided to do something light, like Heroic Blackhand, with 10 people.

That had a big nerf, but it was kinda rough! Healing wasn't as smooth as I had hoped, and I feel like I need some warming up to get used to it. One thing that I did like was that my area of effect ability would only highlight and place within it's cast range (Efflorescence, which has replaced wild mushroom, and it now permanently acts like it's glyphed. I must be the only person who used it unglyphed). No more Nature's Swiftness that I could see. Nothing that a well rounded druid can't handle, but just a little different to what I'm used to!

Anyway, we killed it by brute force, and quickly (and nobody paid any attention to mechanics) but it didn't feel easy. So I think tonight we should try some heroic raiding to see what it's REALLY like.


Comments