Raiding - Getting better on Thok!

Yay a new raid day, more time to wipe on Thok!

Nothing was a one shot. Wiped once on Malkorok though I feel like that was my fault because I hadn't organised groups so I could see everyone better and my healing felt sloppy.  The second go, only poor Jazz died (she and Nath had switched spots and she took the door spot of doom) and Exray got some heroic warforged love with Blood Rage Bracers.  Then onto Spoils where it took us 3 goes (the Mantid side died once, then Mogu side died once, and third go we killed it!).  No loots for anyone.... which makes me think WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS STUPID BOSS...

Then onto Thok.

I had started the raid a little on the less than shiny happy side because Exray and Aza were telling me that we will not progress on Thok unless we get a third healer.  Aza even offered to offheal on his paladin, but I would rather he DPS'd than healed on an alt when I have healer mains.  And besides, he does good damage. I know he was trying to help but Morz and I really wanted to get this 2 healing.  I think we two were the only ones who thought we had been making solid progress.

So we're getting the bats down, but we're still only getting to 15 roars and Thok's health on our best goes with a transition at 15 is about 68%.  Would like it to be just that little bit lower!  Our 5th attempt was awesome as we got Thok to 14% but I felt like an idiot because I moved out and people died because he didn't transition as I had my panic run away.  The attempt before that Sev and I had been run over by the Yeti and I felt a bit stupid as I moved because I thought "OMG he's looking at me, I need to move, he's going to run this way," but actually I need to look at the eyes on the wall (but who has time to do that when I'm trying to dispel and keep health bars up?? I suppose I could do a keyboard turn to look...)  However, our 6th attempt was amazing as we got to 9%!  Everyone was feeling really positive after that and Morz and I were feeling happy that this 2 healing thing wasn't the impossible task people made it out to be.  Oh, I did have one other minor hiccup... I was telling Morz that I was using my Blackfuse trinket yay and Mana was good (instead of my Thok's tooth) and then when I looked at my gear I realised I had accidentally swapped out my Prismatic Prism of Pride with my Blackfuse trinket... miraculously the two GOOD goes were straight after I fixed my trinkets up.  But shhh....

Aza said later that I wanted to 2 heal it so I could brag about it, and he was right.  But who would I brag to, really?  Nobody would particularly care... though me and Morz would feel pretty chuffed about it!  The only person I could tell is Balkoth and he said to me he never said it couldn't be 2 healed, he just said that it was painful!  And he's right. I tell you, I would LOVE a devotion aura.. and maybe one Hand of Protection as well!

Extended maintenance tonight (6pm-6am AEST) probably means that we can extend and have a couple more goes on Thok on Wednesday (as I'm PRETTY sure nobody had time to kill Garrosh before shutdown).  Who knows how good we'll go when we're all fresh at it!  It might even be even better attempts than before!


Comments

  1. For reference's sake ;)

    http://frostwolves.blogspot.com/2014/06/raiding-and-spoils-go-to-frostwolves.html?showComment=1403279225155#c3912726080222734447

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope these comments work! Not sure why people can't comment lately, it makes me sad :(